Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An Inspirational Story-Pick-up in the Rain

One night, at 11:30 PM, an older African American woman wasstanding on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure alashing rain storm. Her car had broken down and she desperatelyneeded a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the nextcar. A young white man stopped to help her - generally unheard ofin those conflict-filled 1960s. The man took her to safety, helpedher get assistance and put her into a taxi cab. She seemed to bein a big hurry! She wrote down his address, thanked him anddrove away.

Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To hissurprise, a giant console color TV was delivered to his home. Aspecial note was attached. It read: "Thank you so much forassisting me on the highway the other night. The rain drenchednot only my clothes but my spirits. Then you came along. Becauseof you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside justbefore he passed away. God bless you for helping me andunselfishly serving others."

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...